Cheap Kathmandu to Lhasa Group Tour Package 2017 Dates
Cheap Kathmandu to Lhasa Group Tour Package 2017 is the best way to experience the majestic landscapes of Tibet and Tibetan Buddhism. Kathmandu to Lhasa Group Tour visits the two wonderful UNESCO Heritage cities of Kathmandu Nepal and Lhasa of Tibet. Kathmandu to Lhasa Tour traverses the Himalayas from lush southern slopes of Nepal to alpine plateaus of Tibet, and also drive to Rongbuk monastery towards Everest North Base Camp in Tibet.
Kathmandu to Tibet Overland group tour offers the amazing views of the Himalayan and the picturesque Tibetan countryside greet you on the overland driving tour from Kathmandu to Lhasa en route via Sakya Monastery, Shigatse, the second largest city in Tibet where the Tashilhunpo monastery of the seat of the Panchen Lamas, Gyantse with its unique Pelkor Monastery and Kumbum Chorten and Yamdrok Lake. The tour ends in Lhasa, and both options are possible to get flight back to Kathmandu or train to mainland China in the end of Kathmandu Lhasa Group Tour. The Nepal/Tibet border has not opened yet since last earthquake in Nepal, but the tour is possible flying in and out of Lhasa.
Day 1: Kathmandu to Gyirong (2000m)
Start early morning drive to Nepal/Tibet border takes 6/7 hours for 165km travel through rough road of country side past river, villages and mountains. Meet your Tibetan guide at border and continue drive to Gyirong small border town of Tibet. Stay overnight in local guesthouse
Day 2: Gyirong to Lhatse
Breakfast, and travel to Lhatse by Nepal/Tibet friendship highway crossing Lalung La pass (5050m) and Tingri. Enjoy the fabulous view of Mt Everest, Shisapangma and arid landscapes of Tibet with herdsmen and nomad’s tent. Stay overnight in Lhatse
Day 3: Lhatse to Shigatse
Breakfast and set off for Shigatse, stopping along the way in Shakya monastery to see the old Sakya monastery in Tibet. Stay overnight in Shigatse.
Day 4: Shigatse to Lhasa (3600m, 370km, 6/7 hours)
Breakfast and visit Tashilhumpo Monastery, the throne of Panchen Lama, then continue travel to Lhasa stopping at Gyantse and Yamdrok Lake.
Day 5: Sightseeing Tour of Lhasa
Breakfast and guided Lhasa city tour visits Potala Palace, the wonder of Tibet and explore it. Later after lunch, we visit Jokhang temple, and explore around Barkhor Street, the old Tibetan market, enjoy a shopping strolling around there.
Day 6: Sightseeing Tour of Lhasa
Breakfast, and continue exploring Lhasa on another guided tour in Tibet. We visit Norbulikha Palace Drepung and Sera monasteries.
Day 7: Departure
Breakfast and transfer to the airport or train station in Lhasa for your flight to Nepal Kathmandu or China.
- Airport pick up and departure transfer
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary
- English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide shared in your group
- Comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver
- Twin Sharing accommodation with breakfast
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance
- First aid kit
- Flight or Train ticket
- Lunch and dinner during Tibet tour, it costs about USD 3-15 per person for one meal in Tibet.
- Tips for tour guide and driver
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.