Lhasa Everest Base Camp Kathmandu Tour 2020 Dates
- Lhasa Everest Base Camp Kathmandu Tour
The 7 days Lhasa to Kathmandu Tour covers Tibet's main historical sights, and a classical tour on Nepa China friendship highway between Lhasa to Kathmandu. This is a great Tibet tour offers superb natural scenery of the Himalayan range and features a spectacular roller-coaster drive down to the Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. You will experience an exotic Tibetan culture and spectacular lakes and mountains during 7 days Tibet Everest Base Camp Nepa tour.
Lhasa Everest Base Camp Kathmandu tour beginning from Lhasa, covers 1000 km drive. In Lhasa tour, we will take to Lhasa’s historical sites such as Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Sera monastery and Drepung Monastery. We then drive from Lhasa to the beautiful Yamdrok lake and the glacier-draped Karo la Glacier pass to Gyantse. Then a 90 km drive away from Gyantse brings you Shigatse with its impressive Tashilumpu Monastery. The most popular excursion from the road is to Rongbuk Monastery and Everest Base Camp. A new paved road has cut down driving time to just a few hours. The important monasteries of Tibet and the views of Mount Everest, the world's highest peak are some of the highlights of Lhasa EBC Kathmandu tour.
April to late Oct is the best time of year Tibet EBC Nepal tour. July and August is the rainy season in Tibet. Winter is pretty cold in Tibet. A good preparation is helpful for Lhasa to Kathmnadu overland tour. We drive 6 to 7 hours everyday, exploring and taking photographs to the beauty of Tibet and its landscapes and scenery.
Lhasa EBC Kathmandu Tour is also our best selling Tibet Nepal Tour. The tour launches recently once Nepal Tibet border-Gyirong opens in 2018. This is one of the most exciting overland tour with Everest Base Camp between Lhasa and Kathmandu, full of stunning view of lakes, rivers, glaciers and traditional temple and monastery. The 7 days Lhasa to Kathmandu overland tour with Everest base camp is an idea optio if you are planning from China Tibet to Kathmandu. Here we cater 7 days Lhasa Kathmandu group tour 2020 departure dates with price and itinerary.
Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa
Free airport/train station pick up to hotel in downtown.
Day 2: Lhasa Sightseeing tour
Visit the world culture heritage - the Potala Palace; the spiritual center of Tibet Buddhism, the Johkang Temple. Walking like pilgrims around Barkor Street. Taste Tibetan tea and experience local people’s life in local Tea House. Explore the old market near Barkor.
Day 3: Lhasa Sightseeing tour
Visit Drepung Monastery - the largest monastery in Tibet，in Drepung, you can see monastery complex and monks and the biggest kitchen and see the Sculpture Carving near Drepung. In the afternoon, visit monks debating in the courtyard of Sera Monastery and other wonders of Sera Monastery
Day 4: Lhasa-Gyantse-Shigatse(370km, 10 hrs)
Not faraway from Lhasa, we drive to Gangbala Pass to view Yamdrok Lake and Mt. Naiqinkangsang, then visit Korola Glacier and Manak Dam Lake on the way to Gyantse. In Gyantse we will visit Perklor Monastery, Kumbum stupa.
Day 5: Shigatse to EBC(350km, 11 hrs)
In the morning, we visit the Tashilunpo Monastery. Then driving ahead to Mr. Everest. Near Tingri, we will pass the Kyawula(5180m), at the top of Kyawula, we can have the first view of View the panorama of Himalaya at Kyawula Pass, where you can see the highest 4 peaks on earth. Drive to Rongpuk Monastery.
Day 6: EBC to Kyirong Border(370km, 10 hrs)
After appreciate the sunrise of Mt.Everest (if weather is good). Visit Rongpuk Monastery and walk to Everest Base Camp. We drive to Kyirong, the border town of China and Nepal. Driving pass Ghungtang Lhamo(5236M), we will see Mt. Shishapangma and the Pekutso Lake. Arrive in Kyirong in late afternoon.
Day 7: Kyirong to Kathmandu(150km, 7-8 hrs)
Tour Guide will assist the clients check out China. And see clients off at Kyirong border. The Nepal side, our driver will pick up clients at the Nepal side border, send the clients to Kathmandu. Note: Some of the activates might be altered or cancelled due to the bad weather, close of monastery and activities etc.
- Tibet Entry Permits and all other necessary Permits
- Entrance fees of all tourist sites listed in the itinerary.
- Local tour Transfers, 7-23 seats comfortable Tourist Vehicle according to Group Size.
- Local Tibetan English-speaking guide in Tibet
- Accommodation and Breakfast (B.B)
- Free shuttle bus transfer from hotel to Lhasa airport/railway station.
- Oxygen supplied when travelling to high altitude
- Drinking water supply daily
- Safe Transfer from China border to Kathmandu.
- Welcome Dinner in Lhasa before overland tour starts.
- Travel accident insurance covers accident, altitude sickness, up to 45000 USD (only in Tibet)
Cost Not Includes
- Lunch and dinners are not included, approx. 5-7 dollar per meal
- Tips to tour guide and driver, you are suggested to tip them 7 USD/day Other Service
- Visa Fee and Application Service in Kathmandu. US$: 85.00 (If American and Canadian Passport Holder extra US$: 90.00)
- Air tickets Lhasa to Kathmandu, Approx. 300-400 USD
- Train from China to Beijing/Xian/Shanghai/Chengdu to Tibet Booking