Nepal Tibet Tour 5 Days Package Price 2018 Departure Dates
Nepal Tibet Tour 5 day covers historical sites such Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street and the historical monasteries in Tibet such as Drepung monastery, Sera monastery and Ganden Monastery. Ganden Monastery, an hour overland tour from Lhasa city. Ganden day tour is the favorite for all Tibet travelers because of the fantastic views it offers while walking around Ganden monastery.
Ganden Monastery is one of the most important monasteries in Tibetan Buddhism located on top of Wangpori Mountain. Admire fantastic views of Lhasa valley as you perform Kora by walking a full circle around the sacred grounds. The monastery is located about 60 km east of Lhasa, and is considered one of the "great three" Gelugpa monasteries of Tibet founded by the Great Tsongkhapa in 1409. The main site is Serdung which contains the tomb of Tsongkhapa.
Trekking around the monastery offers incredible views of the mountainous region and getting a peek at the Great Tsongkhapa's meditation cave along with many Buddhist statues. In 1961, the Ganden Monastery became a State important cultural relic protection unit. The monastery suffered destruction during the Cultural Revolution but renovations are carried in recent years.
Anyone of you solo travelers and group of 2 and 3 people can join this 5 days Nepal Tibet Tour from Kathmandu. We have confirmed this tour on our fixed departure dates of 2017. This is one the best selling Tibet Tour from Nepal.
Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa
Welcome to Tibet. Arrive in the historic city of Lhasa either by Kathmandu Nepal or mainland China. Receive by Tibetan tour guide and continue drive to Hotel. Enjoy a free day in Lhasa city.
Day 2: Sightseeing Tour of Lhasa
Breakfast and guided Lhasa city tour visits Potala Palace, the wonder of Tibet and explore it. Later after lunch, we visit Jokhang temple, and explore around Barkhor Street, the old Tibetan market, enjoy a shopping strolling around there.
Day 3: Sightseeing tour of Lhasa
Breakfast, and continue exploring Lhasa on another guided tour in Tibet. We visit Norbulikha Palace Drepung and Sera monasteries.
Day 4: Lhasa to Ganden Monastery (60km)
Breakfast and drive outside of Lhasa to visit one of the great three Gelugpa monasteries of Tibet-Ganden Monastery founded by the Great Tsongkhapa in 1409 AD. Experience the Ganden monastery, and enjoy free time to explore on your own. Later enjoy a free evening in Lhasa.
Day 5: Departure Tibet
Breakfast and transfer to the airport or train station in Lhasa for your flight to Nepal Kathmandu or China.
- Airport pick up and departure transfer
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary
- English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide shared in your group
- Comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver
- Twin Sharing accommodation with breakfast
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance
- First aid kit
- Flight or Train ticket
- Lunch and dinner during Tibet tour, it costs about USD 3-15 per person for one meal in Tibet.
- Tips for tour guide and driver
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.